NPR’s Michelle Trudeau’s intriguing piece:
The Aging Brain Is Less Quick, But More Shrewd
For baby-boomers, there is both good news and bad news about the cognitive health of the aging brain.
All this fresh info is now a slide in my presentations, with bullets (and citations):
When sculpting a campaign targeting Baby Boomers, remember …
We are good at:
• complex reasoning skills
• anticipating problems and reasoning things out
• empathy, having the ability to understand the
emotional point of view of another
But also remember:
• our reaction time is slower
• it takes us longer to retrieve information
• we’re not very good at multitasking (but if you read the
research, younger folk aren’t half as good at multitasking
as they think they are).
Don’t forget to listen to the 3 1/2 minute piece.