As promised an email about our new agency ‘bureauvijftig’ (literally translated agency fifty, we glued the words together). Our new website (which still needs some images) is www.bureauvijftig.nl.
bureauvijftig is a creation of Arjan in’t Veld (25), Dick Vos (66), and me, Martijn de Haas (37).
Arjan is director and a target group specialist from his former company Inthefield.
I am the marketing strategy and target group specialist from Active Development.
We have several people connected to the agency including art directors, copy writers, online specialists, ages 20 to 66. Some are direct colleagues and some are ambassadors doing freelance jobs. We stress the importance of this broad range of ages as we completely agree with your philosophy on communication for age groups is best made by people belonging to these age groups.* Combine this with sharing insights and experience in a broad range of marketing, communication and advertising aspects and you will be able to connect effectively to a specified audience.
Our main goal is making connections and combining the best of 2 worlds:
- the young and the so called mature consumers
- young and old specialists
- the online and offline worlds
- research & creation
- science & marketing
We have managed to hook up with the leading university professors in the field of researching the aging population in the Netherlands and worldwide.
Our products are:
- a huge research database; all the target group research that we have acquired over the years and are still acquiring
- a consumer panel; at least 1700 older consumers and a population of 95,000 older consumers from which we can recruit more respondents for qualitative or quantitative research.
- a thermometer test; a tool of testing a campaign or assumption in a population. This test can be followed online by the clients.
- a 2-second test; people decide within 2 seconds if they like your communication. With this test we can see the effectiveness of the first impression. This can also be followed online.
In general we are continuing our old ways but bigger and better with a healthy mix of ages. We already attracted our first big client and we feel that this economic spell will force companies to look at the mature market. Our pay-off is result driven communication in which we promise results and even take 20% of the client’s risk.
As you had already discovered, we have changed Arjan’s Mokkamarketing.nl to www.target50.nl. It is an inspirational blog like yours where all our co-workers and ambassadors can report and give opinions on articles and videos about the mature market and the aging population.
We are aiming at becoming a strong player in the traditional industry by bringing new ways. We hope to fly you in some day to give one of your presentations that inspires them all.
Last week we also met George P. Moschis who is an interesting researcher and professor you probably know.
I hope this explanation is clear and am looking forward to you and your comments and questions.
Kind Regards (also from Arjan),
George Moschis and I are with the same house, Paramount Market Publishing:
Baby Boomers and Their Parents
Surprising Findings About Their Lifestyles, Mindsets, and Well-Being
by George P. Moschis, PhD and Anil Mathur, PhD
My Book: Advertising To Baby Boomers
*An excerpt from Advertising to Baby Boomers:
More about diversity in the advertising industry:
My best wishes for success to you, Dick, and Arjan!